"But two girls mustn't do such things!
That's forbidden love!" - Hitomi Shizuki, Episode 2.
Japanese: Ryouko Shintani
English: Shelby Lindley
Italian: Debora Morese
- 日文 | 志筑仁美（しずき ひとみ／Shizuki Hitomi）
- 中译 | 志筑仁美
- 昵称 | 绿毛、
- Hitomi is the class monitor in Madoka's class.
- Having noticed Sayaka's crush on Kamijou, Hitomi confronts Sayaka and tells her that she will tell her feelings to him if Sayaka doesn't do it first. This act, unbeknownst to her, contributes to Sayaka's despair. She is still apparently unaware of such a fact in Episode 9, since she tries to ask Madoka if something has happened but Madoka doesn't tell her anything.
- Hitomi did indeed talk to Kyousuke, but in the anime it was a silent conversation, and neither the audience nor Sayaka (who was lurking around) know what she was telling him. This has raised fan speculation about her intentions: it is possible that she was actually speaking on Sayaka's behalf, telling Kamijou about how Sayaka feels about him instead of about her own feelings. If this is true, this would make Sayaka's becoming a witch all the more tragic.
- Hitomi and Kyousuke are seen holding each other's hands (with Sayaka standing behind a tree only a few feet away) in the manga, making the above speculation untrue for manga canon. However, this has no reflection whatsoever on the anime canon, as the manga adaptation has already explicitly differed from it. (Note, for example, the two young men whom Sayaka overhears on the train: she ultimately kills them in the manga, whereas Shinbo stated that they lived in the anime. Gen Urobuchi stated in the same interview that the script left the interpretation open to either possibility.)
- According to Kazuko and Junko's conversation in Episode 11, Hitomi took Sayaka's fate (or better said, the little bits that normal people know about it) rather hard. They say "She (Sayaka) was fighting with one of her friends over a boy", and then add "This must be really hard on the other girl, too. Normally it'd just wind up a bittersweet memory, but with this happening..." 
- Ryouko Shintani (Hitomi) states in the audio commentary for Episode 7 Blu-ray, that she too loves Kyoko. She also said although Hitomi looks weak, she is mentally strong, in contrast to Sayaka. Although Sayaka looks bright, she actually has little self confidence, and won't seek help from others by saying it, so she in fact is mentally weak.
- Both Aoi Yuuki and Chiwa Saitou agree her view. Saito thinks that girls like Hitomi are probably the only ones who could be able to get hold happiness for themselves.
- Ryouko Shintani also described Hitomi to be a pretty wicked girl in matters of love, but she also added that Hitomi was a sincere and pure Ojou-sama. Shintani admits that she admires Hitomi's strength and her confidence on herself. She wishes that she could be more like Hitomi.
- Shintani explains that she didn't originally auditioned for the character of Hitomi but since she wasn't good enough for the other roles, she went with Hitomi instead. When asked which characters she wanted to try first for the audition, she asked for Sayaka and Homura.
- According with Shintani Ryoko's file data, she decided to become a seiyuu so she could become Sailor Moon.
- In the Audio Commentary for Episode 8, Junichiro Taniguchi (Chief Animation Director) states that Hitomi was the hardest character to draw in regards to facial expressions, since she has the largest rate of change, obtaining uniformity was difficult. In contrast, Homura was the easiest to draw, as a cool character she has a lot of outside influence which helps to decide how to draw her facial expressions.
- "Girls cant love girls!" scene and line was not included on the movie version. ("Monsters")
"I don't care anymore! I'd rather die than go through any more of this..." - Hitomi, Puella Magi Oriko Magica, Chapter 6.
- Hitomi is mentioned in Chapter 3 but does not appear until late chapter 4. Although she is never a candidate to be a Puella Magi, she is still in Homura's protection circle.
- In Chapter 5 and 6, she went with Sayaka to escape the familiars' attack after they get separated from Madoka. When she saw a dead body, she cried and could not bear any more. But Sayaka then found a door to a safe place where they met Madoka later.
- In Chapter 7, when the dying Oriko used her last bits of life Template:Spoiler
During the gag bonus scenario, Madoka and Sayaka recognize Homura as a strangely strict magical girl and are surprised when Homura transfers to their class. When they try to describe Homura's personality to Hitomi, she fawns over Homura and admires her.
Hitomi later asks Sayaka to confess her feelings for Kyousuke like the anime. Homura wants to prevent Sayaka's despair by convincing Sayaka to issue a duel with Hitomi over their feelings for Kyousuke. When Hitomi protests to Homura over the affair, Homura accuses her of being too unfair to her muffled friend by allowing her one day to confess. Sayaka hasn't even admitted her infatuation to herself, and it would be cruel to expect her to say them to Kyousuke. Hitomi is surprised to hear her opinion and admits she may have been mistaken. She then accepts the duel with the hopes to prove her own affections and to instill Sayaka with the courage to confess.
When Sayaka is reluctant to hurt her during their duel, Hitomi strikes the first blow to invigorate her friend. Sayaka retaliates with a stronger punch. Hitomi concedes defeat after the blow, sensing her friend's passion for Kyousuke when she is hit. After Sayaka runs off to Kyousuke with her friend's blessings, Hitomi cries in Homura's arms over her loss. She feels thankful to Homura for comforting her and considers her a close friend afterwards, although it is a one-sided acknowledgement. Hitomi frequently invites Homura to outings or sleepovers, sometimes interrupting Homura's plans to be closer to Madoka. She even serves the magical girls beverages as they plan for the fight against Walpurgis Night in Homura's apartment. Homura apologizes to them since she couldn't convince Hitomi to leave before their meeting.
In the beginning of the movie it's revealed that Hitomi is still going out with Kyosuke. However, their relationship has been undergoing difficulties.
|Warning, this section contains spoilers about the movie.|
Hitomi's frustrations with Kyosuke causes her to become a 梦魇. The magical girls incapacitate the Nightmare and Sayaka purifies Hitomi, returning her to normal.
It's eventually revealed the movie takes place in a witch barrier, and that Kyosuke and Hitomi were abducted from the real world. They return from the barrier unharmed, and at the end of the movie they greet a resurrected Sayaka.
Official height chart. Hitomi is the tallest girl.
Madoka Sayaka Hitomi.gif
Hitomi & friends
Hitomi shizuki 20092.jpg
Height of 3girls 2.jpg
The last peaceful time of the 3 girls
Madoka Sayaka Hitomi playing.gif
Madoka Sayaka Hitomi playing
Sayaka and Hitomi's confrontation in the PSP game
Hitomi tummy punch.gif
Hitomi tummy punch
(Ka-9) Right back at you.jpg
Himoti going overseas.jpg
Hitomi The Scream.png
In-universe, it should be noted that Hitomi is a stand-out in looks
Hitomi what a witch.jpg
Way to ruin the moment, Hitomi.
Hitomi becomes a Puella Magi.png
Hitomi becomes a Puella Magi
Hitomi vs sayaka win fanart.jpg
Hitomi fanart puella magi.jpg
Girls cant love girls.jpg
But girls can't love girls.jpg
Hitomi glasses moe.jpg
Alright bitches time to become a main character!
Puella magi Hellsing.png
Come at me priest of justice!
Mermaid or Lamia.png
And our hero(?) has to make a hard choice between whose witch he should go out with.
Holy Shit Hitomi.png
Kyubey... I WISH TO PUNCH GOD ON THE STOMACH!